Identify opportunities to pay less taxes depending on different deductions taken and classifications of income.
This presentation will identify opportunities to claim a filing status that may reduce income taxes depending on different deductions taken and classifications of income. U.S. taxpayers are still considering changes in tax strategies due to recent changes in the child tax credit (CTC) and the child and dependent care tax credit (CDCTC). Many aspects of tax planning and preparation have changed for all taxpayers since the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) impacted tax rules in 2018.
This topic will provide an overview of choosing the proper tax filing status based on changes in tax rates and brackets, elimination of personal exemptions for dependents, and current changes in credits and deductions for children. The range of topics includes head-of-household benefits, married filing status options, divorce, support agreements, and state tax differences.
Thomas M. Kosinski, C.P.A., M.S.T.
Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd.
- Director of the tax practice of Ostrow Reisin Berk & Abrams, Ltd. (ORBA)
- Frequent speaker with the Illinois CPA Society covering federal tax updates, IRS representation, individual and corporate tax compliance, and income tax strategies for business transactions
- Offers more than 25 years of experience providing tax planning and technical advice for individuals and the owners of closely held companies
- Provides specialized tax planning services to clients, which include high-net-worth individuals and business entrepreneurs
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and Illinois CPA Society and former president of Chicago South Chapter
- M.S. degree in taxation, DePaul University; B.S. degree in accounting, summa cum laude, DePaul University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 312-670-7444
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.