Gain an understanding of why miscommunication occurs and how to get communication back on track.
How we say something is often more important than what we say. A majority of miscommunication occurs because of nonverbal cues that either send mixed messages or are not aligned with how the listener is best able to understand it. Unfortunately, miscommunication can lead to false assumptions, unconscious bias, and unnecessary conflict. This material will benefit anyone who is in a role that requires crisp, clear, and effective communication. By recognizing the role and impact of four nonverbal behavioral cues, learners will better understand why miscommunication occurs and how to get communication back on track. Since personality type is correlated with verbal and nonverbal communication preferences, learners will also be given tips for assessing and connecting with different types by adapting nonverbal communication behaviors. Applying the tips in this material will facilitate more effective communication and increased trust.
Nathan Regier, Ph.D.
Next Element Consulting, LLC
- CEO and founding owner of Next Element Consulting, LLC
- Certifying master trainer, the Process Communication Model
- Wrote three books; Beyond Drama: Transcending Energy Vampires, Conflict Without Casualties: A Field Guide for Leading With Compassionate Accountability, and Seeing People Through: Unleash your Leadership Potential with the Process Communication Model
- Co-developer of The Compassion Mindset and Leading Out of Drama frameworks for compassionate accountability
- Trains, coaches, presents, and consults internationally on topics of interpersonal communication and leadership, social emotional intelligence, personality diversity and inclusion, and positive conflict
- Writes for multiple industry publications (e.g., Forbes, Inc Magazine, HR.com, Training Magazine, Fast Company)
- Hosts a podcast called OnCompassion with Dr. Nate
- Ph.D. degree in clinical psychology
- Can be contacted at 316-772-6174, [email protected], on Twitter® @NextNate, on Facebook® @Next Element, and on LinkedIn® as Nate Regier
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.