Improve your CDI program and learn how to properly document clinical encounters to ensure compliance and accuracy.
The electronic health record has negatively impacted and degraded the quality of the medical record from a communication of patient care perspective. Hospitals and health systems have taken the root of heavily investing in clinical documentation improvement initiatives with the outcome goal of improving revenue through case-mix increases. A concomitant improvement in the quality and completeness of physician documentation has not been measurably achieved through current day approaches to CDI. This highly informative topic will be outlining and sharing how to capitalize upon the opportunity to harness the capabilities of current CDI programs to embrace process improvement in engaging physicians and the entire care team in a nonsiloed approach to achieving clinical documentation excellence. You will be able to define best practice standards and principles of documentation that best communicates patient care, applying these same standards and principles into daily chart reviews while addressing insufficiencies in documentation through a collaborative constituency approach working with physicians. Resources will be provided which are designed to be utilized as a how to roadmap for transformation of current CDI programs from reactive to proactive, driving achievement of clinical documentation excellence with optimal reimbursement while reducing medical necessity and clinical validation denials as well as financial and compliance exposure.
More Program Information
More Program Information
Glenn Krauss, B.B.A., RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, CPUR, CCDS
- CEP & founder of Core-CDI, co-founder of Top Gun Audit School; Core-CDI.com and TopGunAuditSchool.com
- Creator and host of a monthly podcast titled Wiser Wednesdays- Experience Speaks
- Previously held position as director of clinical documentation improvement at a large Level I Trauma Academic Medical Center in the Southwest
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of reimbursement and revenue cycle processes, including ICD-10 and CPT/evaluation and management coding, clinical documentation improvement, denials management/denial avoidance and physician practice management
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous areas, including medical necessity establishment from a physician perspective, clinical documentation improvement, denials management, and coding education and training
- Author of several publications related to clinical coding, establishment of medical necessity beyond medicare local coverage determinations, soliciting buy-in from physicians in the rollout of clinical documentation improvement programs, and the role of the clinical documentation improvement specialists beyond improving MS-DRG assignment and resulting financial reimbursement including how CDI can best transform and contribute to a denials avoidance approach to documentation excellence
- Created and managed an active LinkedIn forum titled Physician Documentation Improvement-A New Paradigm intended to provoke thought provocative discussion on anything CDI related
- Certificate in Health Information Management, University of Washington in Seattle
- Member of AHIMA, American College of Physician Advisors, Health Care Financial Management Association, Association for Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists
- B.B.A. degree in management, Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York
- Can be contacted at 603-303-3337 or [email protected]
Northern Arizona Hospitalists
- Conducts webinars on clinical documentation and its importance to the practicing physician
- Continues to work as a hospitalist in Arizona; has been a regional medical director of a multistate Hospitalist Group as well as physician advisor in Phoenix
- Physician Professional Development: Bridging the gap between the new work reality and self-satisfaction
- Honorable discharge USAF as Major
- Member of the Society of Hospital Medicine and American College of Physician Advisors
- B.S. degree and M.D. degree, University of Michigan, Residency at Wright Patterson USAF Base
- Can be contacted at 623-341-8813 or [email protected]
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.