Learn ways to manage anxiety and keep imposter syndrome at bay in your practice and within your firm.
Many, if not most, attorneys suffer at one time or another from a form of anxiety known as imposter syndrome. This crippling self-doubt can cause young attorneys to self-sabotage their careers and put unnecessary limits on their potential. While some anxiety and self-doubt can drive us to be better lawyers, if unmanaged, it can also lead to more severe issues ranging from sleep disorders to eating disorders to substance use disorders. Attorneys suffering from imposter syndrome are also at greater risk of engaging in risky behavior and misconduct resulting from their insecurities. This presentation will discuss how the concept of imposter syndrome has evolved over the years and why attorneys seem so prone to suffering from it. This material will also outline the potential professional harm that can occur when attorneys are suffering from anxiety disorders. Finally, this presentation will suggest several ways to manage anxiety and keep imposter syndrome at bay in your practice and within your firm.
Meredith S. Heller
Law Office of Meredith S. Heller PLLC
- Principal, the Law Office of Meredith S. Heller PLLC
- Practice emphasizes criminal defense and professional responsibility
- Frequent speaker at CLEs on substance abuse and the profession, as well as professional ethics, generally
- Member of NYS Bar Association’s Task Force on Lawyer Wellbeing (chair, Emotional Wellbeing Subcommittee)
- Member of the New York City Bar Association (former chair, Professional Responsibility Committee; former chair, Lawyers Assistance Program Committee), New York State Bar Association (member of Professional Discipline Committee), New York Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, and Federal Bar Council
- J.D. degree, Cardozo Law School; M.A. and B.A. degrees, Case Western Reserve University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.