Understand what kind of drug policies you can maintain in light of the legalization of marijuana in many states.
States throughout the country have, over the past number of years, decriminalized medical marijuana. Some states have legalized it. Some states are also starting to legalize recreational marijuana. With these changes, employers grapple with how to maintain a drug-free workplace policy or when and how to implement drug testing. This course will provide an overview of the current status of the legalization of marijuana through the U.S. and will focus upon the general laws and what employers can, can't, and should do to abide by these changing laws while also maintaining a safe workplace.
Stephanie K. Rawitt
Stephanie K. Rawitt, Attorney at Law
- Member at Clark Hill PLC
- Provides legal services and advice on employment matters to a variety of clients, including hospitals, medical practices, retirement communities, assisted living facilities, home health care companies, public entities, nonprofit organizations, private businesses, colleges, universities, and corporations
- She works specifically with human resources departments to create, manage, and maintain the most current employment policies and procedures, ensuring that companies are in compliance with ever-changing federal, state, and local laws
- Counsels employers on issues concerning statutory compliance with employment laws, such as the ADA, Title VII, the ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, Form I-9 compliance, and state wage laws
- As part of her advisory service, she offers training programs on a full range of employment matters, as well as assistance to personnel management on a variety of workplace issues
- Counsels employers through workplace investigations in both a state and federal capacity for various administrative agencies, such as the EEOC and PHRC
- Has significant experience in handling employment-related liability matters, including wage and hour claims, wrongful termination, grievance claims, discrimination, sexual harassment, federal civil rights claims, federal and state statutory claims (Title VII, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, FLSA, PHRA), and related tort claims
- J.D. degree, Northeastern University School of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, Syracuse University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.