Gain an understanding of this complex issue and learn how to recognize the warning signs of trafficking.
This topic provides an overview of human trafficking and valuable insight relevant to all persons and businesses. The focus of the material is on raising awareness so that you may understand your respective role in better identifying, reporting, and preventing this complex crime. You will receive an overview of criminal and civil laws relevant to human trafficking as well as practical insight into recent trends. In addition, through case examples, you will learn about who is at risk of exploitation and what motivates traffickers. Understanding the core underpinnings of human trafficking is critical to demonstrating social responsibility as individuals and a commitment to sustainability by companies.
Holland & Knight LLP
- Member of Holland & Knight’s Global Compliance and Investigation Team in the firm’s Miami office
- Practice includes offering anti-trafficking compliance programs for businesses
- Advises companies, educational institutions, and organizations about risk management and internal threat management policies
- Routinely conducts anti-trafficking and anti-money laundering training for financial institutions, companies, educators, and medical professionals
- Served as the Human Trafficking Coordinator and the Project Safe Childhood Coordinator for the Southern District of Florida for more than a decade
- Spearheaded coordination efforts among law enforcement, non-governmental organizations, and prosecutors nationwide and globally to more effectively prevent and identify human trafficking and child exploitation, as well as to investigate and successfully prosecute cases
- Routinely collaborated with foreign governments, private industries, non-governmental organizations, and community members to assist in these efforts and raise public awareness
- Has tried numerous cases, including a six-week international sex trafficking case involving children in Honduras and a month-long sex trafficking case involving 50 adult victims from across the U.S.
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.