Understand key DEI principles and practical steps you can take to enhance DEI.
It is very important that governmental agencies mirror the populations they serve. Governmental agencies that do not have diverse representation risk losing credibility with their constituents, face an inability to attract qualified candidates, and experience challenges retaining talented employees. Moreover, governmental agencies that are not fully committed to DEI initiatives have difficulty creating a culture of inclusiveness internally and externally. Meaningful diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts will allow governmental agencies to dramatically advance their internal culture, external perception, and overall operations. This presentation will provide information regarding the distinct concepts of diversity, equity, and inclusion, a background as to why DEI initiatives are important, and discuss barriers to true DEI in the public sector. The live webinar also provides a discussion of key DEI principles and practical steps an organization may take to enhance DEI. This workshop is critical for employers tasked with ensuring that their work environments are diverse, welcoming, and inclusive.
Aaron V. Burrell
Dickinson Wright PLLC
- Member/Partner: Dickinson Wright, PLLC (Detroit, Michigan); co-chair of Diversity and Inclusion for Dickinson Wright, PLLC
- Commissioner, American Bar Association, Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession; co-chair: State Bar of Michigan Equal Access Initiative; vice-chair: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee, Oakland County Bar Association
- Commercial litigation, labor and employment, appellate, and minority business enterprises
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Western Michigan University Cooley Law School; M.S.A. degree, Central Michigan University; B.A. degree, with distinction, University of Michigan; certificate, Leading Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Northwestern University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.