Understand the essential communications needed during an M&A and the potential challenges that must be overcome to succeed.
According to SHRM, 70 to 90 percent of all mergers and acquisitions fail in a financial sense, with most companies missing their objectives. They say that this is largely due to HR-related activities. In other words, "people issues" are largely to blame when it comes to the failure rate of mergers and acquisitions. This course will help you understand the phases of a merger and acquisition, and how HR can influence each phase. Learn the specific components of HR that must be addressed. This material will also review the frequent failures of M&A, including solutions to prevent the failures. This course is crucial for HR professionals that work in organizations that may be involved in an M&A.
Robin Throckmorton, MA, SHRM-SCP, SPHR
Clark Schaefer Hackett
- Shareholder in charge of strategic HR Business Advisory Group
- Leading an organization of over 30 employees providing Outsourced HR, Recruitment, and Training services to organizations of all sizes and industries
- Previous Adjunct Faculty at University of Cincinnati and Xavier University; Facilitator of Clermont Chamber of Commerce HR Roundtable
- Experience selling business and being acquired into a larger organization
- Co-author of Bridging the Generations Gap and author of Critical Touchpoints of Recruitment
- Member of SHRM, GCHRA, Cincinnati Chamber of Commerce, and Clermont Chamber of Commerce
- M.A. degree in human resources, University of Cincinnati; B.S. degree in management, Purdue University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 513-697-9855 x302
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.