Gain a roadmap to the steps involved in the decision to terminate and best practices for delivering the message.
The last thing any manager should want to do is say those two words - 'You're Fired.' Regrettably, it is a part of our job and our responsibility. We have a duty to the organization, but we also have a responsibility to the employee, no matter how much they deserve to be fired - yes, there are THOSE employees. This course will provide you with a roadmap to the steps involved in the decision to terminate and best practices for delivering the message (and surviving). Lastly, we'll cover the aftermath - survivor guilt is a real thing - as well as discuss what your potential risk could be with the action. Overall, the goal of this course is to help you be more confident in the decision, more comfortable having the discussion, and conscious of minimizing your exposure to discrimination and wrongful discharge claims.
Karen A. Young, SPHR, SHRM-SCP
- Founded HR Resolutions in 2005 and has received numerous awards throughout 17 years, including 50 Best Women in Business and Game Changer
- (Unfortunately) Terminated 50% of a union workforce with only three grievances
- Successfully terminated an individual who filed a fraudulent workers’ compensation claim
- Reduced a client’s discrimination claim suit from a $150,000 demand to a $28,000 settlement (including the attorney’s fees)
- Senior certified through both the Society for Human Resource Management (SPHR-SCP) and the Human Resources Certification Institute
- Spoke at SHRM’s annual conference and is sought out by local SHRM Chapters throughout the Country
- Her book debuted as a Hot New Release in HR, Amazon’s largest business category
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.