Explore different approaches you can take to expand employee access to mental health and substance use benefits.
A growing number of employees are living with mental health and substance use issues that impact their productivity, absenteeism, and presenteeism, costing employers billions of dollars annually.
Minimum mental health screening and substance use treatment are essential benefits mandated by the Affordable Care Act for both group and individual health plans. Mental health parity also requires parity of services provided for mental health treatment versus general medical treatment. Despite the expansion of benefits available in the last several years, less than half of people living with mental health or substance use issues receive treatment. This topic will explore four different approaches employers can take to expand employee access to mental health and substance use benefits. Specific implementation options will also be offered for each of the four approaches. By focusing on employee awareness, access, assistance, and accommodation, employers can ensure their employees suffering from mental illness and substance use issues can receive the care they need and increase their profits by lowering workforce-associated costs.
Dannae L. Delano
The Wagner Law Group
- Partner in the St. Louis office of The Wagner Law Group
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employee benefit compliance, planning, design and implementation, and resolution of applicable tax issues
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on all aspects of employee benefit compliance, for retirement plans, health and welfare plans, and executive compensation planning
- Wrote several publications related to employee benefit compliance issues
- Can be contacted at 314-236-0065, [email protected], or www.wagnerlawgroup.com
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.