Stay compliant with federal laws and make sure you're compensating travel pay correctly.
Many companies do not understand how to compensate an employee correctly for time spent traveling to destinations other than a regular work site. Many companies send employees to conferences and other work sites using commercial travel and personal vehicles. This material will help you understand how and when to compensate an employee for travel time away from a worksite. You will find out how to determine which employees are entitled to travel time pay and at what rate. With air travel being as busy as it is today, it is very important that you understand how to compensate employees when they are delayed as a result of flight cancellations. This important topic will show how critical it is to communicate the rate of pay, the requirements of travel, and the travel tracking necessary to compensate the employee properly. Also, learn about typical problems that arise with travel and other FLSA issues, such as meals during travel. The focus of this course is on federal law rather than individual state law.
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance manager with Fortune 250 company
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Has a legal and HR background in employee relations, performance management (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, and small startup companies
- Held director and executive level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at 303-513-6018 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.