Learn how you can supplement your current hiring process with a focus on identifying future work behaviors.
It's a fact that some of your new hires will end up being "a pleasure to manage." While many others will take up an inordinate amount of the manager's time and concern because of their attitude. Hiring those with the wrong attitude will burden the manager for years because they will continually create problems and require constant watching and direction. However, if you focus on "hiring for attitude" you will end up with employees that are self-motivated and self-starters that won't bombard you with unnecessary questions or issues. Because they are easy to manage, these new hires will free up a manager's time so that they can focus on more strategic issues. In this fast-paced and stimulating course, the speaker will demonstrate how you can supplement your current hiring process with a focus on identifying the future work behaviors that will be exhibited by employees with an attitude that respects the manager's time.
Having employees that are not a burden is even more important today because a manager's time is severely limited in a work-world dominated by remote work, pivots, and budget cuts. Our speakers calls them "a pleasure to manage" employees, while others have called them self-motivated, self-managing, or low maintenance employees. Some of the "a pleasure to manage" attitude components you should be looking for in candidates include self-directed learning, forward-looking and collaborators. As well as those that will lighten a manager's workload by accepting the ownership of problems and removing them from a manager's plate. If you are an experienced manager, the odds are that you have had only a handful of them during your career. And because they made your life easier, as a manager, for years, they have become unforgettable employees (odds are that you can instantly remember their names). We are excited that Dr. John Sullivan, well-known global recruiting thought leader and "the Michael Jordan of hiring," has agreed to lead this highly interactive topic.
More Program Information
More Program Information
Dr. John Sullivan & Associates
- Leading expert on recruiting, teaching hundreds of corporate recruiters through his speaking at conferences, onsite corporate training, webinars, and weekly articles
- As a professor for over 30 years, he has taught thousands of students how to write "Wow resumes" that have garnered them interviews and jobs at leading Silicon Valley companies
- Internationally known HR thought-leader from the Silicon Valley; specializing in strategic talent management solution
- Prolific author with over 900 articles and 10 books covering all areas of talent management along with his many articles and books; has written over a dozen white papers, conducted over 50 webinars, dozens of workshops, and has been featured in over 35 videos
- Engaging corporate speaker who has excited audiences at over 300 corporations/organizations in 30 countries on all 7 continents
- Ideas have appeared in every major business source including the Wall Street Journal, Fortune, BusinessWeek, Fast Company, CFO, Inc., NY Times, SmartMoney, USA Today, HBR, and the Financial Times; in addition, he writes for the WSJ Experts column and the LinkedIn® Talent blog
- Interviewed on CNN and the CBS and ABC nightly news, NPR, as well many local TV and radio outlets
- Fast Company called him the "Michael Jordan of hiring", Staffing.org called him the "Father of HR metrics," and SHRM called him "one of the industries most respected strategists"
- Selected among HR’s Top 10 Leading Thinkers and was ranked #8 among the top 25 online influencers in talent management
- Served as the Chief Talent Officer of Agilent Technologies, the HP spinoff with 43,000 employees, as well as becoming the CEO of the Business Development Center, a minority business consulting firm in Bakersfield, California
- Currently a professor of management at San Francisco State, 1982 – present
- He wants to hear and respond to your most pressing questions about advanced talent strategies; his articles can be found all over the internet and on his popular website www.drjohnsullivan.com and on www.ERE.Net
More Program Information
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
Access to all training products for one year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.