Learn how to respond properly to patients' requests for access to all or a portion of their protected health information.
Over the past year, the coronavirus pandemic has emphasized how important it is for front desk and frontline workers to have a practical, workable understanding of how HIPAA's Privacy and Data Security standards apply. This topic will take a role-based look at some of the key activities performed by front desk health care employees and review opportunities for protecting patient privacy in routine and in pandemic circumstances. Certified privacy officer Leslie Bender, an experienced HIPAA educator, will highlight HIPAA's requirements in a practical, accessible way for the unique circumstances frontline health care workers face and the challenges the pandemic has brought to patients' 'front desk' experiences.
Leslie Bender, CIPP/US, CCCO, CCCA, IFCCE
Clark Hill PLC
- Senior counsel at Clark Hill PLC, a multidisciplinary, international law firm that draws on our attorneys’ comprehensive industry and policy knowledge and a global network of industry advisors and subject-matter experts to provide innovative legal solutions and client-service excellence worldwide
- An articulate corporate author and engaging trainer with more than 30 years of experience handling compliance, regulatory, transactional, and legal matters for hospitals and financial services companies
- Recognized as a national expert on HIPAA and other information privacy and security laws, she was one of the first privacy officers internationally accredited as a Certified Information Privacy Professional
- In addition to being an attorney and government/regulatory relations specialist, she is an experienced mediator
- Frequent motivational speaker and compliance educator and has been honored for her contributions to the consumer financial and health care industries by several credit, collections, health care, and banking associations as well as the U.S. Small Business Administration
- J.D. degree, University of Notre Dame; undergraduate degree, Northwestern University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.