Understand frequently encountered hazardous materials in building and how best to deal with any immediate exposure issues.
A common misconception from the public is that building materials cannot contain hazardous materials. Many people are familiar with the hazards associated with asbestos and lead containing building materials. However, most do not realize that there are a number of hazards materials being used in current construction. Exposure to these can create immediate health concerns to the occupants along with considerable liability for the owner. Determining the type, location and quantity of these hazards inside a building before they create an exposure issue to the occupants requires a basic working knowledge of how to at least recognize the presence of suspected hazardous materials. Learn key information that can help you understand the basics for assembling a team of experts once suspect hazardous materials are identified to properly conduct the contamination identification with a cost-effective sampling plan, conduct a risk assessment, design a control plan to deal with any immediate exposure issues and, if necessary, how to execute a cost effective regulatory compliant remediation plan.
Dr. Ryan Kuhn, Ph.D., CIH
Dominion Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- Vice President and Director of Industrial Hygiene Services at Dominion Environmental Consultants, Inc., Corporate Office, Phoenix, Arizona
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of environmental health and safety
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous environmental health and safety issues
- Author of multiple publications related to the areas of environmental health and safety
- Membership information: Environmental Information Association (EIA), American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Ph.D. degree in biology, New Mexico State University; M.S. degree in applied natural science, Colorado State University – Pueblo; B.S. degree in biology, Colorado State University – Pueblo
- Can be contacted at 623-516-1415 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.