Understand the basics of collection law to the advanced methods of tracking judgments from debtors.
Post-judgment collection is the final step in every lawsuit and is also the stage that goes ignored. According to the ABA, 80% of civil judgments go uncollected, which provides an opportunity for attorneys to distinguish themselves from their peers who stop after getting the judgment. To collect on a judgment, an attorney must understand the tools at their disposal. This course will discuss all of the tools, from the basics of collection law to the advanced methods of tracking judgments from sophisticated debtors. We will talk about voidable transfers, fiduciary duties, charging orders, and other options a good litigation attorney can use to collect on a judgment.
Poole Huffman, Llc
- Founding member of Poole Huffman; has always been an entrepreneur, which has helped him to understand that litigation is more than just the strength of the case or the desire for justice; it is a business decision
- Represents businesses and business people in disputes, typically breaches of contract, partnership breakups, landlord-tenant issues, and commercial collections
- Has represented businesses in federal and state court jurisdictions throughout the United States
- Successfully represented businesses before juries and throughout the dispute process; his experience with international firms and boutiques has allowed him to represent large and small companies in cases ranging from a few thousand dollars to $10 billion
- Achieved the highest rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory; recognized by Georgia Super Lawyers magazine as a Super Lawyer, 2018 – 2022, and as a Rising Star, 2014 – 2017; recognized by his peers as a member of the Georgia Trend Magazine Legal Elite, 2012 – 2016 and 2021
- J.D. degree, Vanderbilt Law School; B.A. degree, Washington & Lee University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.