Learn the important roles of gathering information and maintaining organization through the entire process of divorce cases.
Handling divorce cases and dealing with divorce clients can be challenging. Clients can be more emotional and anxious in a divorce than perhaps any other type of case. This course will cover basic legal concepts that every paralegal should know when working in a family law practice, including tips on dealing with family law cases, clients, and attorneys. This course will include the basics of client management, deadlines, preparing discovery, preparing for trial, and legal concepts in family law. We will discuss the fine line between client assistance and the unauthorized practice of law.
Cordell & Cordell
- Partner at Cordell & Cordell, the largest law firm specializing only in family law in the U.S.
- 21 years in practice
- Taught CLEs all over the country regarding various areas of family law
- Previously listed as Super Lawyer and Rising Star in Texas Monthly
- Quoted in Newsweek, The New York Times, The Telegraph, and other national and international publications in articles relating to divorce, cryptocurrency, and other related divorce issues
- Articles published in Divorce Magazine and Family Lawyer Magazine
- Board Certified in family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.