Death is everyone’s final destination; it is something that everyone must experience with their friends, clients, relatives and even themselves. Clinicians will face death many times in the consulting room with their patients and will need to take that journey through the dark land of death to help their patients heal their grief. Grief is a very complex and at times very complicated human response to loss and it is in this suffering and grief that one must work within to arrive at the acceptance of that loss. This on-demand webinar is designed to enable clinicians to understand death, the death process and the human reaction to that death process. This program will address various therapeutic orientations that we may use to work with clients suffering from grief, as well as various therapeutic techniques that the clinician may implement with the client as they move towards their journey of acceptance and healing. This on-demand webinar will enable you to use these various techniques that may be implemented with the client as they move towards their journey of acceptance and healing.
Cory Ian Shafer
- Partner in the office of Ronald J. Refice Ph.D. and Associates
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of: depression and anxiety, panic attacks and phobia, sexual and relationship problems, medical and health concerns, grief and loss, adoption and attachment issues, work and career issues, stress management, addiction and recovery, parenting and family issues, conflict resolution and children of separated and divorced parents
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous issues related to mental health
- Writer of several publications related to the areas of overcoming mal-adaptive and negative thought patterns, “Using Nature to Heal Your Emotions” and “Dreams, Sessions and Observations-Poetry from Therapeutic Sessions”
- M.S. degree in counseling psychology, Marywood University, Scranton, Pennsylvania
- Member of ADEC (Association for Death Education and Counseling)
- Can be contacted at 570-905-4738 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.