Gain insight into more durable and sustainable construction buildings.
Learn about better insulation methods and fire-resistant straw bale homes: Many structures across the country fail to provide proper insulation, which robs the residents' bank accounts and creates a waste of energy. With the recycled condensed concrete foam framed by the natural plasters that Drew utilizes in some projects, the residents have a comfort level in any climate that also benefits the surrounding environment by creating less waste. Additionally, straw bale homes have proven to be some of the only structures that survived in certain areas in Northern California during the fires in 2017 due to their super-insulated and thick plastered walls.
Hubbell & Hubbell Architects, Inc.
- Leads the firm Hubbell & Hubbell Architects, Inc. and collaborates with his father, renowned artist James T. Hubbell, merging art and architecture in ecologically and aesthetically mindful ways
- Helped pioneer the use of alternative building materials and has been a key figure in educating public agencies about their benefits, in order to gain acceptance and permits for these materials
- Designed the first permitted straw-bale structure in San Diego County, and his firm designed the first permitted straw-bale commercial building in the City of San Diego
- Member of Citizens Coordinate for Century 3, a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization of informed citizens who are interested in local and regional planning issues; member of the American Institute of Architects (AIA), committee on the environment, the Newschool Arts Foundation Board, and the Ilan-Lael Foundation Board; member of the US Green Building Council (USGBC) since 2003, and the California Straw Bale Association (CASBA) since 1997
- Building science training, ProBuild (ProEarth University); B.Arch. degree, University of Arizona
- Can be contacted at 619-231-0446 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.