Refine your interview questions to ensure you get the best candidates.
Finding the correct candidate while staying compliant with federal and state laws can feel like a Herculaneum task. Although the task may feel daunting, it is not! This topic will give you the tools you need to navigate the tumultuous waters of the hiring process. Specifically, the material will take you through the process to ensure that going into the interview you are not only asking the right questions to match the correct candidate to the position and culture of the organization but doing so in a manner that will keep you in compliance with federal and state laws.
Julie A. Proscia, Esq.
- Partner in the office of SmithAmundsen LLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor and employment, public and private sectors
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous topics, including supervisor training, wage and hour compliance, and independent contractor issues
- Author of several publications related to the areas of gender identity issues and changes in the workplace, minimizing risk in employment interviews, sexual harassment in both public and private sector issues, biometrics/data privacy issues, and social media and municipalities
- Member of the Illinois Senate Task Force on Sexual Discrimination and Harassment Awareness, has been selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers List for multiple years, selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers ‘Rising Stars’ List, and recognized as ‘40 Illinois Attorneys Under 40 to Watch’
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 630-587-7911
Rebecca Dobbs Bush, Esq.
- Partner with SmithAmundsen LLC
- Selected to the Illinois Super Lawyers list of Rising Stars, 2013 - 2017
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of employee benefits and compensation, employment law, government regulation, audit and compliance, staffing agency, independent contractor and contingent workforce, unfair competition counseling and litigation, and wage and hour
- Conducts regular seminars and webinars on numerous employment and labor law topics, including employment contracts, health care reform, employee medical issues, Affordable Care Act, Department of Labor benefits, audit and compliance, and more
- Author of several publications related to the areas of employment law, including SmithAmundsen's Labor & Employment Law Update, a labor and employment advisory blog; Illinois Chamber of Commerce's Chamber Dispatch, an HR advisory blog; and contributing author of the Illinois Employment Law Handbook, Illinois Chamber's most comprehensive publication and reference guide for employers in complying with Illinois and federal labor and employment law
- Member of Illinois State Bar Association, Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Wisconsin State Bar Association, National Society of Human Resource Management, and American Benefits Council
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Northern Illinois University College of Law; B.S. degree, Northern Illinois University
- Can be contacted at 608-412-5106, [email protected], or Twitter® @Dobbslawyer
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.