Ensure you understand and comply with corporate diversity obligations.
Today's world is more diverse than ever. While the U.S. workforce may reflect these changing demographics, corporate leadership has been slower to adapt, and state legislators and national regulators have taken notice -- and action. From mandatory quotas to mandatory disclosures, companies of all sizes and all industries now face a nuanced landscape of board of director diversity requirements.
This presentation will tackle the complexities of corporate diversity in three parts. First, attendees will examine the impact of diversity in the boardroom, both from the perspective of directors as well as researchers. Second, this presentation will provide an overview of the relevant laws and regulations governing director diversity across the U.S., including laws in California, New York, Illinois, and Washington, as well as relevant SEC, Nasdaq, and NYSE rules. Finally, after comparing director diversity statistics before and after the enactment of relevant laws and rules, this presentation will survey potential new sources of future diversity regulation. This topic is critical for companies that desire to ensure they understand and comply with their corporate diversity obligations.
Susan Gross Sholinsky
Epstein Becker & Green, P.C.
- Holds multiple leadership positions within the national law firm of Epstein Becker Green, P.C., including as a member of the Firm’s Board of Directors and as Vice Chair of the Diversity and Professional Development Committee and the Employment Labor & Workforce Management Steering Committee
- Counsels employers nationally on a variety of employment law matters to help them anticipate issues, ensure compliance, and avoid problems under federal, state, and local laws
- Member of the Firm’s Finance Committee and serves on the Executive Committee of the Firm’s Women’s Initiative
- Serves as New York Co-Chair of 50/50 Women on Boards: Global Conversation on Board Diversity
- Serves on the Advisory Committee of a New York-Based Private Retail Company
- Adjunct Faculty Member at the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Speaker at multiple DEI and employment law conferences and events, including The DEI Summit: Diversity Officers & HR Taking Charge, The Deloitte Academy, and [email protected] U.S. Virtual Event, hosted by The Economist
- Named to Chambers USA: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business, New York-Labor & Employment, as well as The Legal 500 United States, Workplace and Employment Counseling
- Recognized as one of 2020’s Responsible 100 by City & State New York, an award bestowed upon private-sector leaders whose work makes life better in communities in New York City and across the state
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 212-351-4789
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.