Understand the new GASB 87 lease accounting requirements.
The new lease accounting requirements of GASB 87 have a significant impact on the financial statements of virtually every government that is a party to a lease agreement. Preparers, users, and auditors of governmental financial statements need to understand these requirements as the effort required for implementation is very significant for most governments and should be addressed. This course will enable you to not only understand the scope of the new requirements but also be able to explain and interpret the new lease accounting information that will be provided in the financial statements.
Warren Ruppel, CPA
Marks Paneth LLP
- Managing Director with CBIZ Marks Paneth, part of a Top Ten accounting firm
- Author of CCH’s Knowledge-Based Audits of Not-for-Profit Organizations; Wiley’s Not-for-Profit Accounting Made Easy; and Not-for-Profit Audit Committee Best Practices
- Formerly the assistant comptroller of accounting for the city of New York, with overall responsibility for the city’s accounting and financial reporting
- Earlier in career with KPMG and Deloitte & Touche, serving numerous public sector not-for-profit and government audit clients
- Former board member and chair of the audit committee of the New York State Society of CPAs
- Appears quarterly as the government specialist on the CPA report distributed by SmartPros
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.