Explore gambling disorders along with the more well-known forms of impairment.
Recent studies have shown that there has been a dramatic increase in impairment due to alcoholism, drug addiction, and mental health disorders among members of the legal profession. The statistics are compelling and indicate that 1 out of 3 attorneys will likely have a need for substance use or mental health services at some point in their careers. What about that other addiction - gambling?
In 2018, the United States Supreme Court, in Murphy vs. NCAA, held that sports gambling was legal in all of the United States. By 2020, 22 states had added online gambling accessible by cell phone, computer, and tablets. With it came the compulsive gambler.
This topic will explore not only gambling disorders but also the connection between gambling and the more well-known forms of impairment and why lawyers are at higher risk to develop problems. This problem has only been exacerbated by the stress, anxiety, and isolation caused by the coronavirus crisis. The results are startling.
Brian S. Quinn
Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers of PA
- Education and Outreach Coordinator for Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers of Pennsylvania, Inc., a Lawyer Assistance Program established to help lawyers, judges, and law students recover from alcoholism, drug addiction, and mental health disorders
- Private practitioner for over 40 years, having litigated both civil and criminal matters during his career
- Worked in the field of alcohol and drug counseling in suburban Philadelphia, allowing him to gain both practical and clinical experience with individuals suffering from alcohol, substance use, and mental health disorders
- Has written articles and made presentations on many lawyer wellness topics to law firms, Bar Associations, professional organizations, and legal education providers on a state, national, and international level
- Member of the Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations
- Licensed attorney in Pennsylvania
- J.D. degree and a certificate in drug and alcohol counseling, Villanova University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.