Understand the basics of hedge accounting and the financial statement impacts.
How do entities manage the earnings volatility related to their hedging activities? The answer: hedge accounting. This course will provide a high-level overview of the main areas of hedge accounting. This material will discuss the benefits of hedge accounting, documentation requirements, effectiveness assessments, and hedge accounting strategies for entities seeking preferential accounting treatment.
Craig Haymaker, CPA
- Managing Director of HedgeStar, where he oversees the risk management consulting, hedge accounting, and valuation groups
- Subject matter expert in financial reporting and accounting for debt, equities, derivatives, and other financial instruments
- Has over 11 years of audit, professional accounting, and risk management experience
- Has held positions with top companies, including Deloitte & Touche LLP (Boston), Liberty Mutual Group (Boston), and U.S. Bank (Minneapolis), with a focus on treasury departments, capital markets, and risk functions
- Events Committee Chair and Steering Committee member for the Professional Risk Managers’ International Association (PRMIA) in Minneapolis
- B.B.A. degree in accounting, Stonehill College; CPA accreditation
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 952-208-5704
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.