Gain an understanding of the Form 5500 requirements for wrap documents and make sure you are in compliance.
Each year, thousands of employers are fined by the Department of Labor for failing to submit an annual Form 5500 or for providing incorrect information on Form 5500. These forms are important disclosure tools used by the government to protect plan participants and beneficiaries, and the fines associated with noncompliance are very costly. Many employers who utilize wrap documents struggle to navigate the complicated instructions and either fail to complete or fail to submit Form 5500, resulting in significant penalties. This topic helps those individuals responsible for compliance to understand the Form 5500 requirements for wrap documents. It explains how to fill out these forms correctly and what to do to get in compliance with federal law. This information is critical for employers so they can ensure they are meeting their obligations under ERISA and avoiding fines that could easily reach hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Brady C. Bizarro, Esq.
The Phia Group, LLC
- Director, health care attorney in the office of The Phia Group, LLC
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of ERISA, ACA, and HIPAA compliance
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous regulatory, transactional, and compliance matters related to health care and employee benefits law
- Written several publications related to the areas of health insurance industry, especially self-funded employee benefit plans
- Member, Self-Insurance Institute of America
- J.D. degree, Boston University School of Law; B.A. degree, Boston University
- Can be contacted at 781-535-5643, [email protected] or on Twitter® @ThePhiaGroup
Philip Qualo, J.D.
The Phia Group, LLC
- Compliance and regulatory affairs consultant at The Phia Group, LLC
- Specializes in both employment and health plan compliance, with a focus on self-funded health plans
- Subject matter expert on Form 5500s based from years of experience in completing filings for large New England employers
- Written multiple industry publications and contributor to online media content
- J.D. degree, Villanova University School of Law; B.A. degree, Loyola University
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.