Learn methods of closing the estate and how to reduce income tax liability in the final year of the estate.
Many practitioners are perplexed by estate tax, and the applicable filing requirements; this perplexing feeling is only made worse by recent federal estate tax changes. This topic will help estate planners to determine the different types of taxes affecting estates, how to calculate the estate tax, and ways to plan for limits on the estate tax.
Joshua R. Driskell
- Managing partner of Lagerlof, LLP
- Has a background representing businesses and individuals and a keen attention to detail to leading the firm
- Practice focuses on business, tax, estate, fiduciary, and related matters
- Prior to forming Primuth, Driskell & Terzian, LLP, with partner Jonathan Primuth in 2014, he worked at a multi-state law firm, handling a wide variety of matters for individuals, and small and medium-sized businesses
- Admitted to practice law in all California state courts, all Ohio state courts, the United States Tax Court, the United States District Court for the Central District of California, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, and the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Member of the Pasadena Bar Association, the Los Angeles County Bar Association, and the California Bar Association
- In addition to his activities as an attorney, he is a board member for the Pasadena Museum of History, Leadership Pasadena, and Pasadena Fire Foundation
- J.D. degree, University of Toledo College of Law
Lindsay K. Francis
- Senior Counsel with Lagerlof, LLP
- Focuses her practice on probate administration, estate planning, and estate-related litigation
- Prior to joining Lagerlof, she began her career in estate planning at a firm in Santa Maria before joining a boutique probate litigation firm in Los Angeles
- During law school, she completed an internship for the first black female Surrogate (Probate) Judge in Brooklyn, New York; since law school, she has been named as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine since 2018
- Admitted to practice law in all California state courts as, well as the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and is also admitted to practice in New York
- Member of the Pasadena Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association
- J.D. degree, Brooklyn Law School, where she was a member of the Moot Court Honor Society and the Black Law Students Association
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.