Learn key strategies to understand when and how to file a motion to dismiss.
Litigation can be a long and expensive process. A motion to dismiss is a powerful tool that, when used properly, allows a defendant to dispose of some or all of a plaintiff's claims and avoid unnecessary costs of discovery and trial. To determine whether a motion to dismiss may be an appropriate strategy it is crucial to understand the grounds and legal standards that are applicable.
This program will provide attorneys with an overview of key issues to consider when deciding whether to file a motion to dismiss under Rule 12 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. You will learn about the legal standards governing a motion to dismiss, the documents that may be considered by a court when deciding a Rule 12 motion, and when a motion to dismiss may be converted to a motion for summary judgment. This program will also address motions for judgment on the pleadings and common mistakes to avoid when filing a motion to dismiss.
Cynthia A. Murray
Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
Cynthia A. Murray, Esq.
- Partner, Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP
- Practice concentrates on complex commercial litigation, primarily in the areas of construction, real estate, and the financial services industry
- Twenty years of experience litigating in federal and state courts in New York
- Member of the American Bar Association, New York State Bar Association, Professional Women in Construction – New York Chapter
- J.D. degree, St. John’s University School of Law; B.A. degree, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Can be contacted at [email protected], 212-973-8000, or Schnader Harrison Segal & Lewis LLP, 140 Broadway, Suite 3100, New York, NY 10005
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.