Understand the world of factoring and avoid common problems within factoring.
Factoring has existed for decades as a niche market in a few industries. Today, factoring is widely accepted as a mainstream form of financing. The factoring industry is growing at a rapid pace and the demand for factoring will increase in a struggling economy. Factoring requires a sophisticated understanding of many legal issues to avoid stepping on land mines. It is also an industry that is vulnerable to fraud and misappropriation. This material will introduce you to the world of factoring, increase your understanding and awareness of legal issues and help you identify and avoid common problems within factoring.
Jason M. Medley
Clark Hill PLC
- Member, Clark Hill PLC, Banking and Financing Services
- IFA preferred attorney, 20+ years’ experience with commercial finance, handled $20MM factoring fraud case with assignment for benefit of creditors, and handled $60MM factoring fraud leading to FBI arrest
- Defended numerous true sale challenges in courts across the country
- Generated operative documents and infrastructure for favoring divisions of large national banks
- Author of “IFA Legal Compendium 4th Edition,” 2020; “United States Law Continues to Embrace Factoring (... Even During a Pandemic),” BCR 2020 World Factoring Yearbook; and “US Law Continues to Embrace Factoring,” BCR 2019 World Factoring Yearbook
- Memberships: general counsel, Houston Chapter of the Commercial Finance Association (now known as the Secured Finance Network); member of Turnaround Management Association, Houston Chapter; International Factoring Association, preferred attorney; Texas Association of Bank Counsel, member, 2001–present; Lake Houston Area Chamber of Commerce, chairman of the board, 2009; YMCA, board of directors, 2009; legal counsel & member of Commercial Finance Association, Houston Chapter
- J.D. degree, University of Houston Law Center; B.S. degree, University of Houston
- Can be contacted at 713-951-5636 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.