Gain a better understanding of creation and disclaimer of warranties in contracts for the sale of goods.
Among the important terms in any contract for the sale of goods are the warranties. The scope of those warranties becomes crucial when the goods don't work for some reason, and often determines whether the buyer or the seller is responsible for a buyer's resulting losses. This program will provide you with a primer on the various ways that warranties are created and how they can be disclaimed as part of the sales contract governed by the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC). This program will also cover key topics that arise in warranty disputes including acceptance or rejection of goods, notice requirements, defenses, and available remedies. Focused on practical issues, you will be interested in this timely discussion of what to do when a sales contract goes bad.
Jenner & Block LLP
- Partner in Jenner & Block LLP’s Chicago office where he practices commercial litigation
- Extensive experience assisting clients resolve commercial disputes involving wide arrany subject matters and venues, including the sale of goods under the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Assists clients with supply disputes including the failure to supply, early termination, pricing, product quality and breach of warranty, and supplier bankruptcies
- Counsels corporate clients regarding best contracting practices under the UCC, including contracting procedures, contract forms and terms and conditions
- Represents clients in a variety of industries including steel and mining, food and beverage, consumer packaged goods, automotive and heavy manufacturing, electric utilities, and chemical companies
- Written and spoken extensively about these areas, including articles on breach of warranty and electronic contracting
- Member of the Chicago and American Bar Associations and the international Bar Association
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, Loyola University Chicago School of Law; B.A. degree in economics and politics, cum laude, Catholic University of America
- Can be contacted at 312-840-8686, [email protected] or www.linkedin.com/in/christopherptompkins
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.