Understand how to handle client requests and where to draw the line.
Client management is one of the most difficult aspects of lawyering. But beyond the obvious business issues that come up in dealing with your clients (whether you are outside counsel or in-house), client management issues also raise significant ethical concerns that must be considered and addressed. Common ethical issues include how to properly define the scope of your representation, how to deal with disagreements regarding legal strategy, how to communicate with your clients when you have a disagreement with a client regarding the case, and when (and how) to ethically withdraw from a representation. This topic will discuss the applicable Model Rules of Professional Conduct and provide the best practices for how to deal with the often difficult world of navigating client requests.
Mark R. Bradford
- Shareholder with Bassford Remele and chair of the Appellate Practice group
- Appellate lawyer with additional focuses in commercial, insurance coverage, and professional liability litigation
- Regularly advocates for Fortune 500 clients, law firm clients, and many others in the appeals stemming from diverse areas of law
- Received the highest rating with Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, DePaul University College of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, Beloit College
- Can be contacted at 612-376-1667 or [email protected]
Aram V. Desteian
- Attorney with Bassford Remele and serves as Associate General Counsel
- Represents businesses in complex commercial litigation, and also counsels and defends other lawyers against a spectrum of professional liability claims
- Member of several civic and professional organizations
- J.D. degree, magna cum laude, William Mitchell College of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, St. Olaf College
- Can be contacted at 612-746-1088 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.