Become familiar with the various standards of conduct that composes a comprehensive ethics program.
Government conflict of interest rules provide essential tools for protecting limited public resources, fostering public confidence in government administration, and assisting public servants in avoiding questionable or embarrassing situations. This topic will help you develop an understanding of the critical elements for an effective ethics program in any organization while becoming more familiar with the various standards of conduct that compose a comprehensive ethics program. You will improve your ability to identify ethics issues, conform to established rules, provide guidance to others on ethical compliance, and identify the strengths and weaknesses of any particular ethics policy they encounter as an employee, public official, legal counsel, or policy maker.
Lewis G. Brewer, J.D., LL.M.
Lewis G Brewer PLLC
- Served as General Counsel (2000-2004) and Executive Director (2004-2009) of WV Ethics Commission
- Principal author of Code of Conduct for State Administrative Law Judges promulgated as a Legislative Rule by the WV Legislature
- As private practitioner, represented individuals charged with violations of government ethics standards before the WV Ethics Commission
- Has appeared as an expert witness on government ethics, legal ethics and professional ethical standards before civil courts, criminal courts, and administrative agencies
- Has given presentations on professional ethics to certified public accountants, human resources professionals, speech language pathologists, and audiologists
- Represented individuals and law firms before Office of Disciplinary Counsel and Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee in West Virginia
- Taught business law at Northern Michigan University and Solano College and labor relations at Webster University
- Currently serves as part-time hearing examiner conducting evidentiary hearings and issuing recommended decisions to state agencies regulating professional conduct of medical doctors, registered nurses, physical therapists, and dentists
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.