Understand your ethical rules and obligations as an estate planner to improve client relations and ensure ethical compliance.
This topic provides a basic overview of the ethical rules that affect the estate planner in everyday practice. With an attorney's busy schedule, it is difficult to remain current on rules that direct and govern the fundamental duties an attorney encounters while serving the needs of the client?Review the most frequent rules and issues that an attorney engaged in estate planning needs to know. This material will discuss duties of communication, confidentiality, conflicts, scope of representation, obligations, and dealings with third parties, among other things?Knowledge of the rules of conduct not only benefits your relationship with your clients, it also protects the attorneys from claims for inappropriate behavior.
John A. Snow
Parsons Behle & Latimer
- Attorney with Parsons Behle & Latimer, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Practice consists of general civil litigation, including commercial, professional malpractice, construction, and insurance coverage and defense
- Designated in The Best Lawyers in America as Lawyer of the Year in litigation, real estate, and construction law; and designated in the areas of practice of legal malpractice defense, commercial litigation, and construction
- Designated in Utah Business magazine’s Utah Legal Elite in the areas of business and civil litigation and construction law and as a Super Lawyer in the Mountain States in Super Lawyer Magazine
- Chair of the Ethics Advisory Opinion Committee of the Utah State Bar
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 801-536-6772
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.