Understand your legal obligations under the ADA and avoid pitfalls that lead to discrimination and failure-to-accommodate claims.
Most employers know that the Americans with Disabilities Act requires reasonable accommodation of disabled applicants and employees, but few have a deep understanding of the crucial role that essential job functions play in that analysis.
Additionally, when and how to engage in the interactive process under the ADA is critical but can be tricky to execute in a legally defensible way. This course will help you understand employers' legal obligations under the ADA and navigate around common pitfalls that often lead to expensive discrimination and failure-to-accommodate claims.
Angela N. Johnson
Faegre Drinker LLP
- Associate at Faegre Drinker
- Trusted advisor who collaborates with employers to achieve compliance with state and federal employment laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, Title VII, the Equal Pay Act, and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Recognizing an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, she presents training programs to human resources and supervisory personnel, and partners with employers to identify practical solutions while minimizing legal risk
- Defends employers against administrative agency charges and lawsuits across the country alleging discrimination, harassment, or retaliation
- Recipient of the Bureau of National Affairs Award for Excellence in Labor & Employment and is a contributing editor of the Age Discrimination in Employment Law treatise published by Bloomberg Law
- Recently presented on “Leave Programs and Disability Accommodation – How Can We Help?” as part of her firm’s series of online webinars
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Notre Dame Law School; B.A. degree, with distinction, Indiana University South Bend
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 317-237-1033
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.