Learn about how DEI programs are applied and how they're changing OHS initiatives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) programs have become more common in publicly traded companies, in anticipation of Securities & Exchange Commission regulations on "ESG" disclosures that will be finalized in 2023. At the same time, DEI programs are being targeted as politically sensitive, and even barred in some states for public workplaces. OSHA and NIOSH recognize that worker safety and health initiatives cannot discriminate on the basis of gender, or other factors. Employers have a general duty to provide equal protection when it comes to workplace safety and to provide a workplace free from bullying, harassment, and threats of violence. The federal Department of Labor and the EEOC have entered into a partnership that further expands workers' safety nets in terms of discrimination protection. This session will provide the most current guidance from OSHA, basic regulatory considerations and training recommendations, and best practices to implement DEI programs and harmonize them with OHS initiatives in a legally effective manner.
Adele L. Abrams, Esq., ASP, CMSP
Law Office of Adele L. Abrams P.C.
- President, Law Office of Adele L. Abrams PC
- Attorney and certified safety professional, represents employers nationwide in OSHA, MSHA, and DOT matters
- Professor of employment law at University of Colorado
- Frequent national speaker on workplace safety and health issues and substance abuse management, Avetta Fellow, NSC DSSA Recipient
- Co-author of ASSP textbooks, including Safety Professionals’ Handbook
- Active member of ASSP and National Safety Council, American Bar Association
- Admitted to multiple federal and state bars, including the U.S. Supreme Court
- J.D. degree, George Washington University National Law Center; B.S. degree, University of Maryland, College Park
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 301-613-7498
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.