Learn to navigate the unique rules and liabilities of disciplining or terminating employees who are workers' compensation claimants.
Address many of the difficult issues that arise when considering whether to discipline or terminate an employee who is also a workers' compensation claimant. Learn the core concepts underpinning workers' compensation statutes and the primary types of anti-retaliation provisions found in workers' compensation statutes. Examine the steps you can take when disciplining or terminating a workers' compensation claimant to avoid allegations of retaliation and, if such a claim is raised, how to defeat it. Examine the interplay between the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Medical Leave Act with workers' compensation statutes.
James M. Mesnard
The Postol Law Firm
- Counsel with The Postol Law Firm
- Practice focuses on defending employers in contested workers’ compensation claims, defending workers’ compensation retaliation claims in civil actions and administrative proceedings, and defending employers in lawsuits filed under various federal employment discrimination statutes
- Counsel to the Washington, D.C. office of Seyfarth Shaw, LLP from 1987-2018
- Law clerk to the chief administrative law judge for the U.S. Department of Labor, where he helped prepare decisions on contested workers’ compensation claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- J.D. degree, University of Maryland School of Law
- Can be contacted at 571-378-6367 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.