Protect your company by making sure you are up to date with HIPAA's latest mandates for privacy and security laws in the workplace.
In the COVID-19 era, employers need medical information to protect the health of their employees, but fear that the HIPAA privacy rule may limit their ability to acquire and use such information. This topic will explain why HIPAA need not stand in the way of employer access to the information they need to make informed decisions about operating their businesses. It will describe the measures employers should implement to safeguard HIPAA protected information while still having access to the information needed to safeguard employee health. There will also be a discussion of other medical privacy laws that employers must be aware of.
Calvin R. House
Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP
- Partner at Gutierrez, Preciado & House, LLP in Pasadena, California
- Counsels employers on compliance issues, and defends employers against employee lawsuits and claims
- Frequent speaker on employment law issues
- Member of the prestigious American Board of Trial Advocates
- J.D. degree, Columbia Law School; B.A. degree, Columbia College
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 626-449-2300
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.