Avoid problems due to multiple prime contracts and learn to reduce the risk of contractor claims for hindrance, disruption, delay, and interference.
This topic will help you learn the differences between the traditional design-bid-build contracting delivery system that employs a construction manager and/or general contractor, and those employing multiple-prime contracting. These differences require that each prime contractor understand their modified roles in the construction process and develop a framework by which impacts to the work of others are minimized. To this end, the material will discuss how to employ project controls and dispute avoidance processes to minimize the obstacles and issues that often result in projects experiencing cost overruns and extended time of performance.
James F. Gallagher, P.E., F.ASCE
Resolution Management Consultants, Inc.
- Principal with Resolution Management Consultants, Inc. possessing over 35 years of engineering, project/construction management, estimating, scheduling and construction claims analysis experience
- Practice emphasizes all areas of construction/project management and dispute avoidance and construction claims resolution
- Presenter of numerous programs to various public agencies and to the general public on topics of claims avoidance and dispute resolution
- Chairman of ASCE’s Transportation & Development Institute Highway Construction Committee
- Liaison for Associated General Contractors/National Association of State Facilities Administrators
- Member of the Committee on Contract Law for the Transportation Research Board
- Licensed/Registered professional engineer in 16 states
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- B.S. degree in civil engineering, Drexel University
- Can be contacted at 800-390-8800 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.