Identify areas that someone in HR must be aware of to ensure a seat at the executive table.
It is important to ensure companies offer a seat to human resources at the executive table. Unfortunately, in many companies, this does not happen for a number of reasons. This topic will be able to assist HR in gaining a seat at the table and influencing and teaching the executives the importance of HR. As many know, HR can have a very positive impact on the business and be able to connect the people to the business. The HR Department is certainly a cost center that takes a lot of money to keep it running whether through recruiting or managing employee relations. The HR department is an integral part through the entire employee life cycle and has the knowledge to ensure business success and growth. When HR performs its role well, we see the executive performance and the company culture thrive but HR leaders need to have the ability to influence.
Jackie A. Sexson
- Compliance manager with Fortune 250 company
- Former executive director with the legal and human resources consulting firm, The Sexson Group
- Extensive experience in employment and labor law, as well as human resources
- Has a legal and HR background in employee relations, performance management (360-degree feedback), organizational management, benefits administration, recruitment and selection, compensation, equal employment opportunity, and training and development
- Experience with the public sector, Fortune 500 companies, and small startup companies
- Held director and executive level positions, and worked as an independent consultant
- Certified as a senior professional in human resources by the Society for Human Resources Management
- J.D. and M.B.A. degrees
- Can be contacted at 303-513-6018 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.