Understand the latest cases of trademark fraud and how best to successfully challenge fraudulent filings.
Many inaccurate or fraudulent trademark applications are filed, among the thousands of applications made each year. Such filings may infringe upon or block the registration of legitimate trademarks, resulting in businesses being damaged because they cannot effectively market their products and services. This topic will teach lawyers and businesspeople to recognize trademark fraud and to identify its elements and defenses. It will explain how evidence of fraud can be used in registration and cancelation proceedings to void registration of fraudulent applications and registrations. Review concrete examples of the types of false statements that constitute fraud and the types that will be excused as mistakes or technical defects. This material will also examine the latest cases of trademark fraud and prepare trademark practitioners to successfully challenge fraudulent filings.
Gretta C. Spendlove
Dentons Durham Jones Pinegar P.C.
- Shareholder with Dentons Durham Jones Pinegar P.C.
- Practice emphasizes commercial real estate, corporate law, business transactions, and trademarks
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops in fields of real estate contracts, land use and title law, easements and boundary disputes, commercial financing and leasing, and use of LLCs for real estate development
- Member, CCIM, NAIOP, CREW, ULI, ACG
- J.D. degree, University of Arizona
- Can be contacted at 801-415-3000 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.