Gain a deeper understanding of the necessary steps required both before and after the petition for administration and the issuance of letters.
Proactively creating an estate plan during life is a step taken to ensure a decedent's empire is protected and heirs are provided for, but this is only the starting point. When an individual passes and the estate tax planning documents are set into motion, the complexity begins. There are a slew of administrative steps, a multitude of planning decisions, and a litany of deadlines that will morph into pitfalls if not heeded. The need for a hero has emerged, and that hero should be you. Having a clear and concise understanding of the moving pieces will make all the difference in creating value for your clients and forging lasting relationships along the way.
Friedman & Huey Associates LLP
- Partner at Friedman & Huey Associates LLP and joined the firm’s fiduciary income tax group in 2004
- Specializes in fiduciary, estate, and individual income taxation and working with large family groups
- Taught undergraduate/graduate tax and accounting courses as an instructor at Purdue University Northwest
- Wrote a course on the taxation of decedents, estates, and trusts and has spoken on various occasions on this topic
- Serves as a 1041 subject matter expert for a national tax software development firm and has edited various professional publications
- Leads the firmwide education initiative at Friedman + Huey
- Certified Public Accountant
- Member of American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Illinois CPA Society, Chicago Estate Planning Council (CEPC), Illinois CPA Society Committee Member – Individual Taxation, Illinois CPA Society Committee Member – Trust, Estate, Gift Taxation
- M.S. degree in taxation, DePaul University; B.S. degree with concentrations in accounting and finance, Purdue University Northwest
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 708-799-6800
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.