Problem tenants are everywhere - learn what you can do to prevent a bad egg.
Every commercial landlord has to deal with difficult tenants, but it is not always evident prior to leasing space just which types of tenants are most likely to later become problematic. Moreover, even long-term good tenants can become distressed when money is tight, with potentially serious consequences for a landlord (as well as its investors and lenders). This topic will enable those who work with tenants to better identify the types of tenants who tend to create difficulties and to implement procedures to avoid (or at least mitigate) the harm they can cause. A key part of this approach is understanding the legal, financial, and other incentives that drive tenant behavior in order to negotiate better lease workouts. Even the best agreement is no help if it cannot be enforced. Learn how to structure negotiated settlements and avoid expensive eviction proceedings in landlord-tenant court.
Hope K. Plasha, Esq.
Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
- Counsel at Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP in New York City
- Broad-based national and international real property practice, with a special emphasis on complex commercial leasing
- Completed leases in dozens of US states and nearly 40 different countries overseas, involving more than a billion dollars of investment
- Regularly speaks on topics in commercial leasing
- Recently admitted to the American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Named a 2014 and 2019 Super Lawyer (and Top Woman Lawyer in New York)
- Named in the 2014 and 2019 Euromoney Construction and Real Estate Expert Guide
- J.D. degree, Yale Law School; M.Litt degree, Oxford University; B.A. degree, Columbia University
- Can be contacted at [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.