Make intelligent decisions and manage risks with handling personal property found in or at a rental that is suspected to be abandoned.
Landlords and property managers are regularly faced with handling personal property found in their rentals suspected to be the tenant's abandoned property. It is critical to try and determine if the property is abandoned or not, who may have rights to it, and then deal with the situation in a manner to minimize the risk of liability.
If the personal property is dealt with improperly, the landlord or property manager risks substantial liability to the tenant. Liability can also extend also to co-tenants, the tenant's family, secured interest holders, a bankruptcy trustee, and/or governmental entities (including criminal prosecution).
This topic will provide a foundation for landlords, property managers, and attorneys to make intelligent decisions and manage risks with handling personal property found in or at a rental that is suspected to be abandoned.
Brandon R. Ceglian
Law Offices of Brandon R. Ceglian, P.C.
- Attorney and owner of Law Offices of Brandon R. Ceglian, P.C. in Littleton, Colorado, with nearly 20 years’ experience
- Practice focuses primarily on residential and commercial evictions, property management issues, including legal compliance and defense in the Denver metro area and throughout the Colorado front range
- Published author on a variety of legal topics and a frequent speaker on landlord/tenant law and property management in Colorado
- Voted Best of the Best attorney by Colorado Community Media in 2014, 2016, and 2018
- Supplier member of the Colorado Apartment Association, the National Association of Residential Property Managers, and the South Metro Denver Realtor’s Association
- Member of the Colorado Landlord Legislative Coalition, providing legal assistance for the landlord legislative lobby in Colorado
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.