Expert testimony can make or break your case - learn when and how to challenge opposing expert testimony.
The U.S. Supreme Court's 1993 Daubert v. Merrell Dow Pharmaceuticals decision transformed the federal law governing expert testimony. Most states' courts apply Daubert to some extent. Every litigator needs to understand the impact of Daubert on expert testimony. You need the skills to exclude an opponent's expert evidence under Daubert (while protecting yours).
This topic will help you successfully challenge opposing expert testimony. Learn the basic concepts of the law governing admissibility of expert testimony. Prepare yourself for the proposed revisions to the federal rule. Get practical and concrete advice on how to bring and defend expert witness challenges under Daubert and the strategic and tactical concerns to build your case against a challenge.
Derek M. Stikeleather
Goodell, Devries, Leech & Dann LLP
- Appellate Practice Chair, Goodell, Devries, Leech & Dann LLP
- Medical malpractice, commercial, product liability, and class action
- Frequent writer and lecturer on Daubert issues
- Member of The Defense Research Institute’s (DRI) Appellate Advocacy Committee and serves as the Fourth Circuit editor of DRI Daubert Online, which tracks developments in the federal circuits’ application of the landmark Daubert decision
- Co-editor and frequent contributor to the Maryland Appellate Blog, published by the Maryland State Bar Association Litigation Section
- Can be contacted at 410-783-4000 and [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.