Gain a better understanding of the threat landscape, including emerging trends in cyber attacks.
This course will provide practical information and advice regarding obtaining and preserving insurance coverage for a cyber/data breach, including a ransomware incident. The material will provide an overview of the threat landscape, including emerging trends in cyber attacks. Our presenters will address the core terms of coverage under and limitations of a typical cyber policy, as well as other types of policies that may provide coverage for a cyber-related loss, including advice for negotiating optimal coverage. They will discuss coverage for secondary risks that frequently result from a cyber/data breach and review how risk managers, in-house lawyers, IT and audit professionals, and security officers can preserve coverage in the event of a breach and protect the company's bottom line. To help illustrate these points, they will draw upon and share multiple real-world examples from their legal practice.
J. Andrew Moss
Reed Smith LLP
- Partner at the law firm Reed Smith LLP, based in its Chicago office
- A member of Reed Smith’s Insurance Recovery Group in the firm’s Litigation Department
- Concentrates practice on the representation of companies across all industries and their management as policyholders in insurance disputes involving directors’ and officers’ liability (D&O), cyber liability, professional and errors and omissions liability (E&O), fiduciary liability (FLI), employment practices liability (EPL), commercial crime, and commercial general liability (CGL) insurance
- Counsels companies and management in the procurement, negotiation, evaluation, placement, and renewal of D&O, E&O, cyber liability, FLI, EPL, insurance, and sound risk-management practices
- Author or co-author of more than 50 articles on insurance recovery issues
- Speaker and panelist at more than 30 nationwide engagements
- Assisted clients in recovering more than $100,000,000 in insurance limits for losses and claims arising from ransomware and other cyber attacks
Noel C. Paul
Reed Smith LLP
- Partner in Reed Smith’s Insurance Recovery Group based in the firm’s Chicago office
- Advises companies on insurance and risk management issues and is experienced in representing clients in complex commercial and insurance coverage litigation in state and federal courts across the United States
- Focuses his practice on recovering insurance for policyholders under commercial general liability, professional liability, property, directors’ and officers’ liability, and cyber/tech/media liability policies, among other types of coverage
- Representations range from large publicly-traded corporations to mid-market private companies covering a diverse range of industries
- Named among Best Lawyers for Insurance Law for 2020 and 2021 and an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers in the categories of Directors & Officers Liability Law and Insurance, Insurance Coverage & Reinsurance Law
- Named Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star 9 years in a row
- 2021 winner of The American Lawyer’s Litigation Department of the Year: Insurance
- Author or co-author of numerous articles on insurance recovery issues
- Speaker and panelist at numerous engagements
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.