Gain a better understanding of reporting with fair value measurements.
This presentation on FASB Statement 157 will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of fair value measurement and its importance in financial reporting. You will learn about the definition of fair value under FASB Statement 157, its implications in the current marketplace, and practical tips for implementing the new standards and working with an auditor. Additionally, you will gain insights into recent changes and trends in financial reporting and how they relate to fair value measurement.
- Senior manager
- Leads the audit review practice within Withum’s valuation group
- Experienced in business valuation, including but not limited to ASC 805 purchase price allocations; ASC 718 stock compensation expense; 409a deferred compensation; ASC 350 goodwill impairment; and derivative valuation — convertible debt, SAFE, op-tions/warrants, contingent consideration
- Author of Unlocking Value Through Earn-outs: A Guide to Contingent Consideration in M&A Transactions
- B.S. degree in finance, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or 628-433-2558
Trevor Shaw, CPA, CFF, ABV
Withum Smith+Brown, PC
- Member of Withum’s Forensic and Valuation Services Team
- Experienced in providing valuations for financial reporting purposes (ASC 805, ASC 718, ASC 350) and complex financial instruments
- Performs reviews for Withum’s audit practice of third-party financial reporting valuations
- Experienced in valuations for litigation purposes, mergers and acquisitions, estate/gift tax planning, and SBA lending
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in New Jersey and Pennsylvania
- Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJCPA)
- B.S. degree in business administration, University of Pittsburgh
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.