Define and distinguish between copyright and other forms of intellectual property.
Many are familiar with the term copyright but have trouble distinguishing copyrights from the other forms of intellectual property such as trademarks and patents. This topic will explain the key differences among intellectual property and help you understand what constitutes copyright. Speakers will also explain best practices for posting on social media and how to ensure you are not committing copyright infringement when posting online. The information will also discuss content licensing and embedding, as well as the reporting process that some of the major platforms utilize. The material will also provide a general overview of copyright litigation, including a discussion of the fair use defense and Section 230 defense for web hosts.
Giselle M. Girones
Shullman Fugate PLLC
- Associate attorney at Shullman Fugate PLLC, with offices in West Palm Beach, Tampa and Jacksonville, Florida
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of intellectual property, content and business litigation; specifically, handling content gathering and publication advice, as well as prosecuting actions for access to government information and defending content providers in complex defamation, privacy and other publication-related claims
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous access issues, as well as intellectual property issues; she also served as a part-time adjunct professor at the University of North Flori-a teaching a media law and ethics course
- Author of several publications related to the areas of public records, defamation, trademark and copyright issues
- Serves on the Governing Committee of the American Bar Association’s Forum on Communication Law, was named a fellow of the Florida Bar Business Law Section; trademark chair for the ABA IP Section CLE Board and was appointed to the Media Advocacy Workshop of the American Bar Association’s Forum on Communication Law
- J.D. degree, cum laude, Stetson University College of Law; B.A. degree, cum laude, Florida State University
- Can be contacted at 904-551-1496 or [email protected]
Allison S. Lovelady
Shullman Fugate PLLC
- Partner at Shullman Fugate PLLC, with offices in West Palm Beach, Tampa and Jacksonville, Florida
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of copyright, trademark, content and defamation matters
- Conducts webinars and has authored articles on copyright, trademark and court records and media access issues
- Serves as copyright chair of the ABA IP Section CLE Board, and is involved in the Florida Bar Media & Communications Committee, Entertainment & Arts Section and local bar associations
- J.D. degree, with honors, Nova Southeastern University, B.A. degree, cum laude, University of Florida
- Can be contacted at 561-614-2592 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.