Learn to quickly recognize risky clauses, better understand the risks those clauses create, and how to reduce or eliminate those risks before you sign the contract.
Almost every contract dispute ends up being controlled by the contract or purchase order terms and conditions. Too often companies sign a contract or purchase order without fully understanding the agreement they have become bound to. For many, reading a contract is like reading a foreign language. This topic will teach you how to translate the convoluted terms of a contract, how to determine if there is a problem hidden within a clause, and how to deal with that problematic clause.
Often, participants in a construction project enter into contracts without knowing how to read the clauses and fully recognize the risks they have taken on. The benefit of this material is that you will be able to quickly recognize risky clauses, better understand the risks those clauses create and how to reduce or eliminate those risks before you sign the contract. You will also learn which phrases aggravate that risk and how you can minimize the risk where you have already signed a bad contract.
Larry P. Lubka
Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, Inc.
- Senior Counsel at the law firm of Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, Inc. in Pasadena
- 35 plus years of experience in complex contracts, including commercial contracts, UCC agreements, state, local, and federal government contracts
- Has given several hundred seminars on construction law across the country
- Has been a Best Lawyer, Super Lawyer, and Top Lawyer for over a decade
- Co-wrote sections of California Construction Law, wrote scores of articles, including articles in the Constructor
- Publishes regular articles on the Lubka & White website
- Member of the California Bar and several Federal courts
- J.D. degree, with honors, George Washington University Law Center; B.A. degree, Columbia University
- Can be contacted at [email protected] or Hunt Ortmann Palffy Nieves Darling & Mah, Inc. 301 N. Lake Avenue, 7th Floor, Pasadena, CA 91101, or 626-440-5200
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.