Learn techniques to properly investigate and ensure workers' compensation claims should be contested.
At some point, all employers must deal with an on-the-job injury. When a work-related injury is reported, the employer must investigate the injury to determine its validity. This course will help any employer identify questionable claims and determine which claims should be contested. It will give employers and their attorneys a road map for investigating the injury claim, deciding whether to contest the claim, and developing evidence to defend it. This material will also provide attorneys with helpful litigation techniques for defending workers' compensation claims.
James M. Mesnard
The Postol Law Firm
- Counsel with The Postol Law Firm
- Practice focuses on defending employers in contested workers’ compensation claims, defending workers’ compensation retaliation claims in civil actions and administrative proceedings, and defending employers in lawsuits filed under various federal employment discrimination statutes
- Counsel to the Washington, D.C. office of Seyfarth Shaw, LLP from 1987-2018
- Law clerk to the chief administrative law judge for the U.S. Department of Labor, where he helped prepare decisions on contested workers’ compensation claims arising under the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act
- J.D. degree, University of Maryland School of Law
- Can be contacted at 571-378-6367 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.