Understand the importance of keeping up with legal changes and managing issues before they become legal problems.
Human resource (HR) managers and consultants play a crucial role for a company. HR is tasked with identifying, managing, and mitigating risks associated with employee-related matters. In order to successfully complete these tasks, HR must understand the importance of keeping up with legal changes, remaining impartial, and spotting and managing issues before they become legal problems. As an HR professional, you must stay ahead of the curve by consistently being available as a resource for employees in relation to their employment related conflicts or frustrations. Beyond listening to employees, HR must also actively understand the reasons employees have come forward with an issue and identify issues that may have not been presented by the employees. The ways to accomplish this are by learning how to identify workforce issues, avoiding favorites and biases, properly vetting potential conflicts of interests, and keeping a paper trail. Overall, this material will address these issues and help you manage and improve your HR role.
Daniel N. Ramirez
Monty & Ramirez LLP
- Partner at Monty & Ramirez LLP
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of labor, employment, and immigration compliance, including representing employers in wage and discrimination lawsuits, government investigations (DOL, EEOC, NLRB, and ICE), and human resources consulting
- Represented clients in criminal prosecution cases related to ICE raids; regularly represents clients audited by ICE and prepare immigration compliance plans and best practice initiatives for companies and represents public and private employers with any employment or immigration compliance matter
- Conducts training, seminars, and workshops on various topics within labor and employment law and immigration compliance
- Texas Super Lawyer, 2014-Present; Texas Rising Star in Employment and Labor Law by Texas Super Lawyers and Texas Monthly, 2010, 2011 (front cover story), 2012, and 2013
- Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, 2008-present
- U.S. Naval Reserves 1993-1999, Meritorious Medals, 1996, 1999
- J.D. degree, law, University of Texas School of Law; B.A. degree, political science and criminal justice, University of Texas at El Paso
- Can be contacted at 281-493-5529 or [email protected]
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.