Learn about the many issues related to construction projects in remote locations.
We live in a small world. Technology has allowed us to communicate, monitor, and control projects from any point. However, management of projects in remote locations requires a lot of planning and preparation. Failure to do so may be a recipe for disaster. Many people take on ventures in different and remote locations, either without the proper required homework or by making unrealistic and improper assumptions. This presentation will shed light on many issues related to projects in remote locations, both within the same country or in different countries. It starts with planning and covers important tasks such as cost estimating, scheduling, risk management, and resource planning and management. Most importantly, it takes the attendee out of the box; to think differently and creatively for a new situation. This material may not and will not answer all the questions for projects in remote locations, but it raises many points and stimulates the mind into preparing to face challenges and finding solutions to these challenges.
Saleh A. Mubarak, Ph. D.
- Construction project management professor, consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer
- An authority on project planning, scheduling, and project control
- Over 30 years of diversified, industrial, and academic experience, all in the general field of construction project management
- Extensive experience in continuing education and professional training around the world, mainly in technical subjects but also in soft skills
- Author of two books, Construction Project Scheduling and Control, 4th edition, and How to Estimate with Means Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction, 5th edition, both published by Wiley; also wrote many articles, technical and other
- Public speaker at many local, regional, and international events
- Presented at many professional conferences, such as PMI and AACE International
- B.S., M.Sc., and Ph.D. degrees in civil engineering, specializing in construction project management
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.
More Program Information
Access to all training products $699/year
Unlimited Lorman Training
With the All-Access Pass there is no guessing what you will need for your yearly training budget. $699 will cover all of your training needs for an entire year!
Once you purchase your All-Access Pass you will never be any further than one-click away from attending any Lorman training course.
Invest in Yourself
You haven't gotten to where you are professionally by luck alone; it's taken a lot of hard work and training. Invest in yourself with the All-Access Pass.