Understand how CMAR can control and improve cost and schedule as well as allocate and reduce risks.
The Construction Manager at Risk model has become an accepted project delivery method for public and private projects throughout the country. Many project participants have a limited understanding of the benefits and potential pitfalls of this project delivery method. This presentation will help people in the construction industry understand the typical project delivery methods and their differences. In addition, the course will provide a broad overview of the fundamentals of the Construction Manager at Risk methodology, contract provisions, and some common pitfalls and disputes that may arise with this method of construction. This program will also provide a solid foundation for what using a Construction Manager at Risk means in practice.
Michael Jay Rune, II
Carlton Fields, P.A.
- Shareholder with Carlton Fields, P.A.
- More than 20 years of experience representing owner/developers, construction managers/contractors, sureties, subcontractors, and suppliers in nearly all aspects of the construction industry and in large-scale commercial construction projects
- Has handled construction, surety, fidelity, and related insurance matters as well as mortgage fraud recovery through mediation, arbitration, and litigation in state and federal courts
- Known for his hard-hat approach to construction, spending time at construction sites and working with project managers and construction workers to gain firsthand knowledge of the construction industry and what goes on in the field
- Has a keen understanding of construction law and the construction process, including the planning, execution, and completion of a construction project, as well as the technical nature of construction-related claims
- Published author and frequently speaks on issues important to the construction and fidelity industries
- Recognized by Lorman Education Services for his above-benchmark customer course ratings and received the 2017 Platinum Distinguished Faculty Badge
- Author of the International Association of Defense Counsel’s ‘Annual Survey of Fidelity and Surety Law’ from 1997–2004, and co-author of ‘Liability and Performance Bond Surety’ in The Law of Performance Bonds (ABA 1999)
- Board certified in Construction Law by The Florida Bar
All of your training, right here at Lorman.
Pay once and get a full year of unlimited training in any format, any time!
- Live Webinars
- OnDemand Webinars
- MP3 Downloads
- Course Manuals
- Audio Recordings*
- Executive Reports
- White Papers and Articles
- Sponsored Live Webinars
Additional benefits include:
- State Specific Credit Tracker
- Members Only Newsletter
- All-Access Pass Course Concierge
* For audio recordings you only pay shipping
Questions? Call 877-296-2169 to speak with a real person.